Saturday, April 24, 2010

Lasagna

I hope I can explain this right. I don't really have a recipe for it. It's just what my mom did growing up, but we've always really liked it.

Ingredients:
Ground beef
I jar of Spaghettie sauce (Chunky garden Prego is what I used-it's my favorite)
1 container cottage cheese
1 box lasagna noodles
cheese-mozzarella or cheddar (I just use whatever I have)

Brown ground beef and mix it with the jar of spaghetti sauce
spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray
layer the bottom of the pan with the sauce/meat mixture (a very thin layer)
layer with the noodles and salt (No need to cook the noodles)
Layer with the container of cottage cheese
Layer with the sauce/meat mixture
Layer with the cheddar/mozzarella cheese
Layer with the noodles
Layer with the remaining sauce/meat mixture
Top with cheese
Cover and bake @ 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Note-you will need to use the sauce/meat mixture 3 different times, so make sure you portion it out, so you have enough left to top off at the end. (I always seem to not have enough at the end to top it off with.)

No comments:

Post a Comment